As you can see from the picture I also cut off my hair. There are just not enough hours in the day to take care of long hair with a newborn. Plus, it was getting in the way - and I know that the second that Ashlyn learns how to grab things that she would have been pulling on it all of the time.
Tuesday, October 20, 2009
One Month
Ashlyn has now been part of our family for one month. There have been many emotions felt throughout the past month. I knew that being a mom was not going to be easy, but you don't realize how hard it really is until you are one. It is crazy to think that if she had come on her due date, October 13, she would just now be one week old. How I do not wish to go back. The sleepless nights are getting much better. For the first two weeks it was rough, and I was getting hardly any sleep but Ashlyn is starting to adjust and give me some rest. This past Sunday my mom watched Ashlyn so that I could go to church - like a normal person. It felt great to get out of the house and see that life is still happening. Thanks so much mom! I am trying to soak up and enjoy every moment that I have with Ashlyn. I know that she will not be this small for long. In fact, Saturday Clay took her to be weighed at our pediatrician's office and she was up to 6lbs. 7oz. That is a whole pound more than she weighed at 2 weeks. Here is a picture of us from this past Sunday.

As you can see from the picture I also cut off my hair. There are just not enough hours in the day to take care of long hair with a newborn. Plus, it was getting in the way - and I know that the second that Ashlyn learns how to grab things that she would have been pulling on it all of the time.
As you can see from the picture I also cut off my hair. There are just not enough hours in the day to take care of long hair with a newborn. Plus, it was getting in the way - and I know that the second that Ashlyn learns how to grab things that she would have been pulling on it all of the time.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment