We have started to begin purchasing the furniture for Ashlyn's room. Everything that I read in books said that a changing table was a waste of money because once the baby outgrows it then the piece of furniture becomes unusable. Additionally Clay and I could not find a changing table that was tall enough and would not require us to bend over a lot each time we have to change a diaper. So, we stumbled upon a piece at Ashley that is called a media chest. We were told that it is what is replacing the armoire now in bedrooms. Anyways, it is the perfect height that will not require much bending and it has three large drawers meaning that we will not have to purchase a dresser. We will just get a nonslip changing pad to sit on the top and then when we no longer need a changing table the pad can be removed and it will continue to be her dresser. Here is a picture of the media chest for those who are curious. In the two open spaces I am going to put some wicker baskets to hold diaper changing miscellaneous.

Ashlyn's baby bedding came in this week as well! Which means that I can start to make things to decorate her room. Yay! Let me just say how hard it is to find crib bedding for a girl that is not predominately pink - unless you want to decorate with neutral colors such as yellow or green. I wanted purple, which was next to impossible. However my persistant searching paid off. Here is the picture of the bedding from the website.
2 comments:
Love the bedding!! We're all about monkeys in the Mosier home :)
Hope all is well!
the baby looks mysteriously like a tv.
Post a Comment